Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

page load time - s._pltPreviousPage

Level 3

Hi everyone,

s._pltPreviousPage is not being set on my sub section of pages .

When I try to navigate from mens section to kids section, It is not firing.

But basically it needs to fire and since they both are in same domain.

Can anyone please tell , what could be the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The getPageLoadTime plugin may not work well with SPAs. This is because the plugin saves its data to global / window JavaScript variables, with the assumption that when you navigate to a new page, the browser has to load that page entirely in the normal page load way, and so the JavaScript variables that the plugin expects can work properly.

But with SPAs, since the browser never loads the page in the entire window, so the plugin never updates its JavaScript variables, so it won't be able to measure as expected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Please describe your implementation further. How have you implemented the plugin?

Also, is the problem happening only when navigating from mens section to kids section?

Level 3

We have implemented the code in AA custom code editor, under do plugin.

Not only mens to kids but all site section navigations.. 

As same as given in documentation below, but instead of " windows." i used "s." i have old  plugin code so its 

if(s.pageName) getPageLoadTime();
if(window._pltPreviousPage)
{
  s.prop10 = window._pltLoadTime;
  s.eVar10 = window._pltPreviousPage
  s.events = "event100=" + window._pltLoadTime;
}

// then plugin code 

Community Advisor

That looks correct. Does your website use any IFRAMEs?

Also, take note that this getPageLoadTime plugin has been deprecated by Adobe. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpageloadtime.html?l...

Level 3

Actually , these are partially SPA website. As, far as I know nope there is no i-frame

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The getPageLoadTime plugin may not work well with SPAs. This is because the plugin saves its data to global / window JavaScript variables, with the assumption that when you navigate to a new page, the browser has to load that page entirely in the normal page load way, and so the JavaScript variables that the plugin expects can work properly.

But with SPAs, since the browser never loads the page in the entire window, so the plugin never updates its JavaScript variables, so it won't be able to measure as expected.

Administrator

@SA30 Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.