Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

In Launch, is "Clear Variable" fired immediately?

Level 2

1721456_pastedImage_0.png

Hey Guys,

I am deploying Adobe Analytics in Launch for my client. I encounter a weird problem. Take look at the column 2 and 3 in above image. Column 2 coming from a global rule (set evar 1 and evar 16), which I trigger the s.t() function to send beacon and clear variable. Column 3 coming from "Consent Cookie" rule (Only set event 54 without evar 1 and evar 16) which I trigger the s.tl() to send beacon.

I clear the variable in the global rule, but it looks like the "Consent Cookie" also carry the evar 1 and evar 16. My question is whether "clear variable" will trigger immediately when called? Am I doing something wrong? How to fix it. Thanks.

Global Rule:

1721457_pastedImage_1.png

Consent Cookie Rule:

1721458_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

could be related.  There's an ongoing issue with clear vars at the moment.  See this post for more details: What are possible reasons why ClearVariable fails?

I hope that helps,

Seth

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

I fix this problem by add another "Clear Variable" before "set variable" in "Consent Cookie" Rule. I don't understand why it matters but it works. The click event in "Consent Cookie" rule will refresh the page. It seems that refresh page will erase clear variable? Can someone explain this?

Correct answer by
Employee

could be related.  There's an ongoing issue with clear vars at the moment.  See this post for more details: What are possible reasons why ClearVariable fails?

I hope that helps,

Seth