Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to Correctly Implement Scroll Depth Tracking using the Time and Scroll Event Extension

Level 2

Hi Guys,

I please need help in correctly implementing scroll depth using the Time and Scroll Event Extension.

So far, I have:

1. Set up a Rule for 25% to test to see if this works correctly, before replicating this for 50% and 75% scroll depths.

2. In terms of actions, the below is what i have set up 

mokons_1-1676322010898.png

3. set variables on the tracker fires the below:

mokons_0-1676320274643.png

were evar8 is a new page name I set up with hit expiration, and I am using this together with the page name.

4. send beacon is set up like this: {"linkType":"o","linkName":"Scroll Depth"}.

My challenge now is:

1. The scroll depth only fires on the first page arrived by the visitor.

2. On the first page, the scroll depth fires on the page load and also fires when I scroll down to the 25% scroll depth level.

3. When I navigate to another page and scroll down, it does not fire the scroll depth event.

I will like this to:

1. On-page load only fires when the user actually scrolls down to the actual page depth (in this case, a depth of 25%).

2. Fire, when a user navigates to a new page, and the user also scrolls down to the actual depth. 

Can someone please help?
@Jennifer_Dungan  Is this something you can also please help with? 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So your challenge is when the rule trigger, it will be helpful if you can share the event and/or condition of the rule. Also, as mentioned for the first page and another page, is your website an ordinary page-based website, or a single page application?

Just a side note that for action, it is better in the order of set variables, send beacon, then clear variables.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So your challenge is when the rule trigger, it will be helpful if you can share the event and/or condition of the rule. Also, as mentioned for the first page and another page, is your website an ordinary page-based website, or a single page application?

Just a side note that for action, it is better in the order of set variables, send beacon, then clear variables.

Level 2

Hi @leocwlau  Thank you for your comment. 

Events and Conditions are given below:

mokons_0-1676359943928.png

The website is an ordinary page-based website with just a section that is a single page. 
I am more concerned with the ordinary page based aspect. 

Level 5

We must write additional manual code to customize the page scroll depth.

You can refer below link when we face the same issue. We found some solutions

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/any-one-have-the-page-scr...