Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to bypass two server calls while using Adobe Analytics and AEP WebSdk extension together

Level 1

Hi,

I have a scenario where currently my entire implementation is on an old datalayer say digitalData object and sends data to old report suites by using Adobe Analytics extension.

Plan is to migrate the analytics tracking by adding a new datalayer say xyz object to the website and use WebSDK extension to send data to new report suite.

Since the earlier implementation is on old datalayer with digitalData object and sends data to old report suites (Prod and dev) with Adobe Analytics extension while I implement Web SDK and create new data elements along with new rules based on XDM schema for it to send data from new datalayer to new report suites (New dev RS based on new datalayer) through Edge Network. The variables structure in new and old report suites will though be different because in new RS we will have uniform mapping of these datalayer objects with all company's entities. For eg. if eVar1 was page URL in old report suite and it is eVar7 in new report suite (That is common for all other entities).

Can one tag property have 2 of these extensions (Adobe Analytics Ext and Web SDK Ext) that send data to completely different report suites?

To enable below flows-

Tag Property A-> digitalData (Old datalayer) -> AA Ext -> Report Suite A (Prod)

Tag Property A-> xyz (New datalayer) -> Web SDK Ext ->Report Suite B (New dev RS based on new datalayer)

Since the launch snippets will remain same, when we implement the tracking with websdk extension I don't want the other server call (With analytics extension) to trigger in dev as the report suites will be different and we don't need two server calls because of costing. Is there a way we can eliminate/bypass the server call to send to old report suite.

Appreciate if anyone can assist on this matter.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies