Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting 404 response while updating the rule using Reactor API

Level 1

While updating the rule using reactor API, getting 404 Not Found as a response. I can able to get the rule details using the same Rule ID (GET request). But, when I tried to update the rule (name change) using API, it's giving me 404 Not Found. The rule was already published to production in Launch.

Bharanidharan_123_1-1682619342156.png

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

There might be a few reasons why you're seeing this error while trying to modify a rule using the Reactor API, despite the fact that you can get the rule information using the same Rule ID:

Authentication: Make sure you're authenticated and authorised to make changes to the rule in question. Check that you're using the right API key and that it has enough permissions to make changes to the rule.

URL: Make sure the URL you're using to update the rule is correct. Check that the URL is accurate and that it corresponds to the URL used in the GET request to obtain the rule information.

Rule status: Check the rule's status to check that it is not in a condition that forbids modifications. For example, if the rule is now in "draft" mode, updating it with the Reactor API may be impossible.

Rule ID: When making the API request, ensure that you use the correct Rule ID. It's likely that you're using an old or inaccurate Rule ID, resulting in a 404 Not Found message.

Launch property: Check that the rule is assigned to the correct Launch property. It's conceivable that the rule you're attempting to alter is linked to a different Launch property, resulting in a 404 Not Found message.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

There might be a few reasons why you're seeing this error while trying to modify a rule using the Reactor API, despite the fact that you can get the rule information using the same Rule ID:

Authentication: Make sure you're authenticated and authorised to make changes to the rule in question. Check that you're using the right API key and that it has enough permissions to make changes to the rule.

URL: Make sure the URL you're using to update the rule is correct. Check that the URL is accurate and that it corresponds to the URL used in the GET request to obtain the rule information.

Rule status: Check the rule's status to check that it is not in a condition that forbids modifications. For example, if the rule is now in "draft" mode, updating it with the Reactor API may be impossible.

Rule ID: When making the API request, ensure that you use the correct Rule ID. It's likely that you're using an old or inaccurate Rule ID, resulting in a 404 Not Found message.

Launch property: Check that the rule is assigned to the correct Launch property. It's conceivable that the rule you're attempting to alter is linked to a different Launch property, resulting in a 404 Not Found message.