Expand my Community achievements bar.

Experience League LIVE: Post-session discussion - Data collection highlights and roadmap

Employee

Use this thread to ask any questions related to the Experience League LIVE session titled, "Data collection highlights and roadmap."

Experts are monitoring this thread to ensure your questions are answered. Thanks and we hope to hear from you!

4 Replies

Employee

Here are some questions that we didn't have time to answer during the live session. I'll just put the initials of those asking the questions. Feel free to answer any of these questions, or add more of your own!

BF asked:

"Adobe Analytics vs. Customer Journey - your views on applicability and fit to business requirements"

JA asked:

"Possible to share PDF reports via email with non account users?"

FC asked:

"On the GA4 topic, would it be allowed to create goals events to be used in GoogleAds? Set it up on data collection to use on GAds?"

Asking about Server API, FC asked:

"Would this security with data and user ID/private information being compliant with GDPR?"

Asking about Server API, NK asked:

"Also in practical use-cases, what type of identities are customers sending in serverapi (am curious of personalization response from AEP as segment)?"

SA asked:

"Could you explain what was on the page that created the FPID?"

Employee

JA's Question: "Possible to share PDF reports via email with non account users?"

Answer: Assuming you are talking about projects in Analysis Workspace - Yes, you can download, send, or setup a recurring send of your project in either CSV or PDF format. Downloads are under the Project menu and send options are under the Share menu.

Level 1

Hey guys, can the geo location of a web or app visitor be sent with the Service API to the Adobe RT-CDP in real-time? Thanks!

Employee

Sorry that I didn't see this until now.

As long as Geolocation is turned on in your datastream, we'll translate the IP Address of the incoming request into the following values:

"placeContext": {
          "localTime": "2023-04-26T19:34:29.285Z",
          "localTimezoneOffset": 360,
          "geo": {
            "countryCode": "US",
            "stateProvince": "US-UT",
            "_schema": {
              "latitude": 40.39,
              "longitude": -111.85
            }
         }

If Geolocation isn't turned on, you'll only receive the localTime and localTimezoneOffset. More granular controls and additional IP-based geo lookups will be rolling out later this year.
As long as the IP address of the end user device (and not the server making the request) is present in the headers of the request, it does not matter whether the requests are sent using the Web SDK or the Server API.

I hope that helps.