Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error after Rule fired

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

I am getting this error after every rule is fired? Any idea? Thanks

1982luca_0-1602863441034.png

4 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Luca_Lattarini , this looks like an error in some custom code (or erroneous extension).

In particular it looks like someone is referencing a promise that has never declared (e.g. promiseEG.then(()=>...., by default promiseEG would be treated as a null object if not declared properly and the interpreter would be looking for a property of the object called "then").

From the screenshot, it would be within whichever rule usually fires just after the "All Pages - User UUID - Authenticated -10" rule. It's worth noting that whatever rule is using promises, you will not get the desired functionality on Internet Explorer since it doesn't support Promise.prototype.then().

Community Advisor
@ jantzen_belliston-Adobe I still have this issue.

Level 6
@Luca_Lattarini , the timing of this error just makes it appear that it is coming from a rule. If you aren't using any custom code in a rule, it is likely coming from the use of an extension within a rule. E.g., if you are using a Data Layer extension, it could be that you are referencing an undefined object. Start by narrowing down the search to just rules with custom code and/or those that are interacting with a data layer.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?