Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't inject script using Adobe Experience Platform debugger anymore

Level 1

So I logged into the Experience Platform Debugger (on Windows) today and found that as part of the newest update, there is no longer an option to inject the embed code to the page. Did Adobe move this feature somewhere or just remove it entirely? Sure was handy for implementation and QA. I'll be sad if it's gone for good.

12 Replies

Level 6

Hi @MarkSt2 

It seems like with the new update you can't inject a new script if there is an script already available on the page, you can only replace or block an already existing script.

Ankit_Chaudhary_0-1720934742259.png

Employee Advisor

This should be fixed now in v1.6.1. If the extension doesn't update automatically, go to Manage Extension and click the Update button.

dwright_0-1722278070805.png

Level 1

I have the same issue, I hope it's a bug. It is so usefull for testing.

Employee Advisor

I have validated and reported this issue, but I don't have any ETA. If you have the ability to open a customer care ticket, that's always a good idea.

Employee Advisor

This is fixed in v1.6.1, available now in the Chrome store

Level 1

In version 1.6 of the AEP debugger, I can no longer inject the script on to the page:

ewan_21_0-1721275328915.png

In previous versions I could, can you please add it back in ASAP.

Community Advisor

@ewan_21 Yes looks like a bug, it works when you check box collect personal information consent. Not a good option but works.  

Level 1

Since the last update, it is no longer possible to insert custom snippets in Experience Platform Tags via the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger. Please fix this.

Thank you very much

Community Advisor

@Yuliya_Ivanchen Agree looks like a bug, it works when you check box collect personal information consent. Not a good option but works for me with that option 

Hopefully someone at Adobe is listening! 

Level 6

@Yuliya_Ivanchen  it seems like you can only replace an existing script now, if the website doesn't have any script then the option is not available.

Ankit_Chaudhary_0-1721381146861.png

@jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

Employee Advisor

This is fixed in v1.6.1, available now in the Chrome store