Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I have multiple libraries in Development environment?

Level 2

Hi,

I'm doing active development in a Dev Library named "Library A." I just received some new requirements that need to be implemented ASAP, but Library A is not ready. So, I'd like to create a new Dev Library ("Library B") that will copy down the current Production configuration. I can then implement my changes and publish to Production and continue working in "Library A" later.

Can this be done in the same Development library (meaning I get to use the same tracking embed code), or, do I need to create a new environment? I don't see how it can be done in the same Dev library but thought I would check. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @curtis_pond 

You can create as many as development libraries and same time you can have can have unlimited development environments. 

just like Dev 1 library attached to Env 1 and Dev 2 library attached to Env 2 and so on. Make sure when you use the correct dev library the respective environment to be selected while testing through debugger. 

So in your case, you can create a new dev library called Library B have the current product configuration and deploy up to prod. Once you come back to Library A make sure you can add the all upstream configuration so you can continue.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have more questions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @curtis_pond 

You can create as many as development libraries and same time you can have can have unlimited development environments. 

just like Dev 1 library attached to Env 1 and Dev 2 library attached to Env 2 and so on. Make sure when you use the correct dev library the respective environment to be selected while testing through debugger. 

So in your case, you can create a new dev library called Library B have the current product configuration and deploy up to prod. Once you come back to Library A make sure you can add the all upstream configuration so you can continue.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have more questions. 

Level 2

Thank you @Gokul_Agiwal . So if I understand correctly:

1. Based on this previous Community post I can have only one library per environment: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-data/attaching-a-library-.... Dev Library A -> Environment A and Dev Library B -> Environment B. I can have as many Dev libraries and environments as I wish.

2. I can use the debugger to switch out environment tags and run testing. For example, I can build Dev Library B in Environment B and then use the Environment B embed tag in the debugger to test out my changes on my site.

Do these steps sound correct? Thank you for all your help!