Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Benefits of adding profile dataset datastream

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a query regarding adding the Adobe Experience Platform into the datastream service. It's asking for the profile data set as well, though it's not marked as required. Can someone please explain the benefits of adding profile data there?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Deepak_Kv these are notes from a similar question we had in Support, I believe this still applies:

The need for a Profile dataset is because out of the box, the web SDK schema does capture the likes of user activity regions, consent and mobile push tokens are only collected when you have it. See additional resource at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-mobile-sdk/experience-cloud/journey...

The orchestration layer in the Edge Network architecture manages the "user activity region" update via incremental profile updates, independent of the experience events. The fact is we do not add User Activity region information on Experience Events – the main use-case is for it to be available in attributes, therefore we issue the incremental profile.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Deepak_Kv these are notes from a similar question we had in Support, I believe this still applies:

The need for a Profile dataset is because out of the box, the web SDK schema does capture the likes of user activity regions, consent and mobile push tokens are only collected when you have it. See additional resource at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-mobile-sdk/experience-cloud/journey...

The orchestration layer in the Edge Network architecture manages the "user activity region" update via incremental profile updates, independent of the experience events. The fact is we do not add User Activity region information on Experience Events – the main use-case is for it to be available in attributes, therefore we issue the incremental profile.

Hope that helps!

Level 2

@Deepak_Kv  Depending on the type of data you are bringing in AEP, you need to choose the right type of data set. 
If you are bringing in events data (web/mobile) then you need to send data to event data set. Such data set are tied to XDM Experience Event type schema class. However, if you are brining in profile (user's) data such as CRM or Loyalty data then you need to send data to profile data set. Such data set are tied to your Individual Profile Class type Schema. 

Note: You can not send event type data to a Profile data set or vice versa.