Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target Experience Targeting

Level 3

Hello,

We have an Adobe Target use case we are trying to solve for and hoping to get some clarification and assistance.

Use Case – On our secure site, we want to show a pop up box with personalised message based on logged-in User’s attribute. The attribute we want to personalise by is circled in red in screen grab below.

winstonl3651471_0-1616825769675.png

We are planning to use the lightbox experience template as mentioned in documentation below for the pop up

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/experiences/vec/modifications/experience-templa...

What we are stuck on is, how to serve different experiences based on the attribute? We believe we can use Audiences to serve different audiences, but that will mean creating whole bunch of audiences. Is there a way to dynamically serve experiences for the different attribute values?

Please advise.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

If I understand correctly, number of targeted profile attribute and experiences mapped to them are too many, and that is why you are not comfortable driving these variations with dedicated audience.

If you are not building dedicated audience, you can create single qualifying audience and put the variation logic in the modal code itself. Bunch of IF ELSE blocks.

But this will turn out to be a nightmare for you from a manageability standpoint.

Second Option is to externalize the Modal Functionality as a remote offer. You can wire the single audience to a remote offer service, passing the attribute to it and service evaluates the attribute an return the right modal expereince. 

Again still a bad idea, coz then I am not sure why you are using Target.

Depending on what your priorities are, multiple audiences mapped to each variation of modal on Target, is your best bet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

If I understand correctly, number of targeted profile attribute and experiences mapped to them are too many, and that is why you are not comfortable driving these variations with dedicated audience.

If you are not building dedicated audience, you can create single qualifying audience and put the variation logic in the modal code itself. Bunch of IF ELSE blocks.

But this will turn out to be a nightmare for you from a manageability standpoint.

Second Option is to externalize the Modal Functionality as a remote offer. You can wire the single audience to a remote offer service, passing the attribute to it and service evaluates the attribute an return the right modal expereince. 

Again still a bad idea, coz then I am not sure why you are using Target.

Depending on what your priorities are, multiple audiences mapped to each variation of modal on Target, is your best bet.

Level 3
Hi, Thank you for the feedback. Looks like multiple audiences mapped to the variations is the way to go.