Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch dev url is giving a 404 error

Level 4

We have been using Launch for years now.  Today we keep getting a 404 on our Dev environment link.  We have rebuilt the library and still get the problem.

Any ideas on what to try?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Right now, compiling is likely failing due to the major outage affecting most clients:

https://status.adobe.com/

Nothing like trying to troubleshoot your own issue with a larger system one in progress.....

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Unlike the other question that was posted where the Staging Environment had been bypassed in the Publishing Flow, the Dev environment cannot be bypassed.

However, here are a few things to check:

1. Make sure that the Dev Environment install code is the same as is configured on your website (Launch Property > Environment, Development > Install icon, check the Code against your environment.. 

2. Make sure your Publishing Flow actually has the Development environment selected... you can have multiple Dev environments, it's possible to save a library to any of your Dev environments, or to non-environment at all.. 

if those look correct, you could try removing the environment and saving your library, then selecting the Dev environment again and re-building... 

I had a similar experience a year or so ago with a Demo site I didn't work on often... I don't recall what ended up working in the end, but after a few rebuilds and double checks, I was able to get it to properly build and not 404...

Level 2

We switched between different dev environments yesterday.  Today one of the dev environments had a build date in October even though it was showing that the last modification had been yesterday. 

The other dev environment is showing this for a build date.

window._satellite=window._satellite||{},window._satellite.container={buildInfo:{minified:!0,buildDate:"2023-12-07T19:58:37Z",turbineBuildDate:"2023-02-22T20:37:26Z",turbineVersion:"27.5.0"

But has this for a last modified date: Dec 7, 2023, 3:46 PM

Today, I have done as you suggested and removed the environment completely and then reattached the dev environment that was showing an October date.  Now the code does not compile and the error is 'unknown'.  I am opening a ticket with Client Care.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Right now, compiling is likely failing due to the major outage affecting most clients:

https://status.adobe.com/

Nothing like trying to troubleshoot your own issue with a larger system one in progress.....