Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch Build Fails Due to Missing Extension

Level 2

Hello,

The error message is 

Rule "Send Tracking Beacon" is invalid because its rule component "Adobe Analytics - Send Beacon" relies on an extension not included in the build

No indication of what extension is missing. Installed are CoreAdobe Analytics, and Experience Cloud ID Service.

I'm just trying to get a MVP beacon for testing on a new site. Firing the beacon is the only rule. No data elements are configured.

Can someone give me a pointer on where to look for an answer, or what extension might be missing? I have reviewed the tutorials and 'getting started' pages and find no information on this issue.

Thanks.

mp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

The problem is the Enable EU Compliance for Adobe Analytics. When you turn that on you will need to make sure you declare a cookie:

franzli_0-1679961993300.png

And you need to make sure that cookie is set by you. 

So for example, if you call that cookie, "eu_track_adobe"
You need to make sure you have in your code to check for opt-in/out and set it:
Like this:

if (optin === true) {
_satellite.cookie.set("sat_track", "true");
} else {
_satellite.cookie.set("sat_track", "false");
}

More Information on this here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/analytics/overvie...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@nyambol wrote:

I'm just trying to get a MVP beacon for testing on a new site. Firing the beacon is the only rule.

Open that rule where you have included that "Send beacon" action. You should see an error icon in that action. Delete the action, save your rule, open your rule again, and add your action again. Then save your rule again and add it to your library, then build your library. The error should go away then.

There could have been some quirk when you were making changes to your property that caused some unexpected error.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

But, sadly, no. I completely deleted the rule and added it back & no joy. There's no indication of any error in the rule itself, nor does the 'audit events' log contain any  indication of an error. This time, I also removed the Experience Cloud ID add-on before creating the new rule and building. That made no difference. There is nothing in there except the Core and Analytics modules. I set the firing to 'DOM Ready,' after 'Library Loaded' didn't work.

I then noticed a message in dev console that there was a problem with the "Enable EU compliance for Adobe Analytics", so I turned that off. The beacon started firing. I'll have to figure that one out later. The site is in the EU. But for now...

Thanks again.

mp

Correct answer by
Level 4

The problem is the Enable EU Compliance for Adobe Analytics. When you turn that on you will need to make sure you declare a cookie:

franzli_0-1679961993300.png

And you need to make sure that cookie is set by you. 

So for example, if you call that cookie, "eu_track_adobe"
You need to make sure you have in your code to check for opt-in/out and set it:
Like this:

if (optin === true) {
_satellite.cookie.set("sat_track", "true");
} else {
_satellite.cookie.set("sat_track", "false");
}

More Information on this here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/analytics/overvie...