Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Upgrade GA4 in Adobe Launch

Level 2

Hi Team,

I'm New to Analytics. Please suggest How to upgrade GA4 in Adobe Launch. Is there any major Impact during this upgrade? What are all the Key point needs to taken care during this Upgrade. Please share any documentation link that would be great.

Thanks in Advance !!! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use Acronym's Google Tag (gtag) extension to implement GA4. Refer to the documentation linked from the extension to learn how to set it up properly.

In terms of correctness, assuming that you have existing implementation for Universal Analytics in Launch, then you should perform a 1-to-1 replacement with a corresponding GA4 implementation.

If you have performed that 1-to-1 replacement already and have verified that all GA4 tags are firing correctly, then any data discrepancies that you discover may be because of measurement differences between Universal Analytics and GA4 that are due to the differences between those 2 products.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use Acronym's Google Tag (gtag) extension to implement GA4. Refer to the documentation linked from the extension to learn how to set it up properly.

In terms of correctness, assuming that you have existing implementation for Universal Analytics in Launch, then you should perform a 1-to-1 replacement with a corresponding GA4 implementation.

If you have performed that 1-to-1 replacement already and have verified that all GA4 tags are firing correctly, then any data discrepancies that you discover may be because of measurement differences between Universal Analytics and GA4 that are due to the differences between those 2 products.

Good luck.

Level 4

If you have a simple GA4 installation, I would suggest using @yuhuisg 's solution to just use the extension. Acronym is great btw and very responsive when it came to bugs.

However, that said, any UI/extension will come with bugs as things change and evolve.

I may suggest just doing custom code if you want full control of how your pixel moves around your site.