Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch Beacon

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

I will deploy  Adobe Launch in production  environment soon and I would like to not show in google chrome console what we are tracking. I am thinking of having a visible beacon as shown below. 

1982luca_0-1600830724317.png

How can i achieve that?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since the beacon needs to be sent "in the clear" from the user's browser to AA's server, the user (and anyone who intercepts the user's network traffic) will be able to see the data that you are tracking to AA.

Normally, there's no issue with that because the data is about general website usage, e.g. which page is viewed, what link is clicked, etc. But if you're sending personally identifiable information (PII) like names, credit card numbers, etc., then you should really be asking yourself why you're tracking that in the first place.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Luca, the screenshot is referring to one of the Chrome extensions that populates the variables. If you are concerned that everyone can see the same in the console, it's only if they are using the same extension.

Community Advisor
Understand. I took this screenshot from a portal beacon and I m thinking to achieve the same result. Currently, we can see the beacon in clear and maybe i will have some issue with my client. Even if I have no PII in the beacon. Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since the beacon needs to be sent "in the clear" from the user's browser to AA's server, the user (and anyone who intercepts the user's network traffic) will be able to see the data that you are tracking to AA.

Normally, there's no issue with that because the data is about general website usage, e.g. which page is viewed, what link is clicked, etc. But if you're sending personally identifiable information (PII) like names, credit card numbers, etc., then you should really be asking yourself why you're tracking that in the first place.