Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

yarn for frontend

Level 7

Hi folks,

Is it possible to use yarn for AEM UI frontend?

In this post, the OP seems to be using yarn.  Currently we have webpack but our FE guy wants to change.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-clear-yarn-npm-cach...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Fionas,

You're welcome to use anything for your own build. As long as you can pack it into a clientlib you should be fine.

The problem comes that most OOTB codebase, Core Components, Archetype and the rest of AEM systems do not rely on Yarn, instead it's all npm based.

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Fionas,

You're welcome to use anything for your own build. As long as you can pack it into a clientlib you should be fine.

The problem comes that most OOTB codebase, Core Components, Archetype and the rest of AEM systems do not rely on Yarn, instead it's all npm based.

Regards,

Peter

Level 7

Thanks Peter, I'll try making a second ui.frontend module with yarn in it and see how far I get. I'll leave the existing ui.frontend which does our sass unchanged. Do you know of any available examples of creating clientlibs with yarn? thanks Fiona