Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

X-Cache-Info header not returning documented values

Community Advisor

Greetings,

The Debugging section on this documentation suggests that sending the X-Dispatcher-Info request header to Dispatcher must return response header X-Cache-Info.

I have the /info "1" flag enable in my farm configuration as directed.

Dispatcher does return the header as expected, however, the value is either a hit or a miss.

The documentation suggests the expected values could be cached, caching, caching: stat file is more recent, not cacheable: no document root and so on.

The documentation does not specify hit or miss as expected values, and, the actual values from my test do not match what is documented.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-c... 

Attaching a screenshot from my test. Am I missing something?

X-Cache-Info-header.JPG

Thanks,

Preetpal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Preetpal_Bindra ,

The documentation suggests that X-Dispatcher-Info response header returns these values cached, caching, caching: stat file is more recent, not cacheable: no document root.

Please try use the CURL command :

curl -v -H "X-Dispatcher-Info: true" https://<dns>/<language>.html

X-Cache-Info -> hit = Request served from cache

X-Cache-Info -> miss = Request served from origin server (publisher)

Can you please tell me where did you configured the /info "1" in the farm file ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Preetpal_Bindra 

Can you try this, list out your header in /clientheaders section of the dispatchers and see if any luck?

Regards,

Santosh

Community Advisor

@SantoshSai 

Isn't /clientheaders necessary to pass the headers from the client's browser through Dispatcher?

Since, I see the headers coming through (both request and response), I believe that is working well. It's the value for the headers that do not seem what is documented.

Community Advisor

I tried it anyway, and the result is same as before,

X-Cache-Info: hit 

OR

X-Cache-Info: miss

depending on whether the page's caching status.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Preetpal_Bindra ,

The documentation suggests that X-Dispatcher-Info response header returns these values cached, caching, caching: stat file is more recent, not cacheable: no document root.

Please try use the CURL command :

curl -v -H "X-Dispatcher-Info: true" https://<dns>/<language>.html

X-Cache-Info -> hit = Request served from cache

X-Cache-Info -> miss = Request served from origin server (publisher)

Can you please tell me where did you configured the /info "1" in the farm file ?

Community Advisor

Raja-kp 

Apologies for the late reply. I've configured it right inside the farm as following,

/farms {      /website {         /info "1"         /clientheaders { ...

Community Advisor

I used the CURL command, gives me the same result,

X-Cache-Info: hit 

OR

X-Cache-Info: miss

depending on whether the page's caching status.