Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

why some times pages accessing using publish ip are redirecting as 302?

Level 9

Hi All,

I have been encountered a problem that I have set up a redirect on a page and i am trying to access the source page using direct publish instance's ip, it redirects as 302 instead of 301.

Source Page : abc.html

Target Page  : xyz.html

Eg: <publish-ip>:<port-no>/content/..../..../abc.html --> <publish-ip>:<port-no>/xyz.html

We don't have any explicit redirects at Dispatcher or AKAMAI to redirect as 302.

I see there is something missing at publish instance which redirects as 302?

Thanks,

Kishore

8 Replies

Employee

Most likely your page "sling:redirectStatus" property is set to 302:

1836311_pastedImage_0.png

Level 9

No redirect status property added and it's simple page content node.

Employee

Do you see anything relevant in dispatcher logs ?

Level 9

I see redirect status as 302 from publish instance only. There is no rule we placed either in Dispatcher or AKAMAI.

Employee Advisor

The only way to setup redirects from AEM instance is using the sling mapping[1]. So, check if you have any redirect rules under "/etc/map"?

[1] Resource Mapping

Employee

You need to troubleshoot by accessing your AEM directly and you can also employ OSGI "Recent requests" tab at /system/console/requests. It will help to identify the configuration/service that is responsible for redirection

Employee

If all the above-mentioned configurations do not address the issue, I would take a look at the template code to see how it is handling redirecting. You can modify the status in the code as needed.

Level 9

http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2018/12/implement-301-and-302-redirect-in-aem.html

As mentioned in the above link,we might need to write a proxy servlet which prevents to redirect as 302 and explictly redirect as 301

We try see this option and see if it fixes our issue.

Thank you all for your help and time!!!

http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2018/12/implement-301-and-302-redirect-in-aem.html