Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Why CRXDE Lite search don't return any results from js and css files

Level 9

In CRXDE Lit Home page if I search anything from jsp file text I get results back, however if I try to search any text from js and css files it doesn't return any results.

Here are my findings, I have picked out of box /libs/foundation/components/carousel/ component I opened jsp, js and css files from these components.

I searched for the term "defines the controls" which is line 91 in carousel.jsp, I see this returns results for carousel.jsp

When I tried "Used to output caught errors" which is line 14 in carousel.js, search doesn't return any results

I tried same for css, term "cq-carousel-banner-item" from line 15 in carousel.css, search returns results for jsp file but nothing for css file.

Above is just an example, but this is consistent across all components.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your observations are correct - this is not working on AEM 5.6.

[img]AEM33.png[/img]

As you can see - the exact same query that works on AEM 6 is not working on 5.6. 

Please open a ticket here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

HI Mohammed

You can use xpath to search content - it returns the nodes in which the text is located - see here:

[img]xpath.png[/img]

To do this:

1. From CRX DE lite - click Tools, Query:

[img]xpath2.png[/img]

2. IN the Path field - specify the path that you want to search - ie - /libs/foundation/components/carousel/carousel.jsp.

3. In the Text field - specify Text - ie  - defines the controls.

4 - Click Generate. This will generate the XPAth command. 

5 - Click Execute. 

Level 9

Even Query tools don't return any text from js file.

I tried "Used to output caught errors" from line 14 of /libs/foundation/components/carousel/clientlibs/carousel.js

[img]js.jpg[/img]

No results for js files

I tried same for jsp file line 91 of /libs/foundation/components/carousel/carousel.jsp, it returns results

[img]jsp.jpg[/img]

No matter you use query tools or crxde lite search, js and css results are not returned.

I am using CQ 5.6.0

Level 10

Can you try selecting the actual node and see if that works. Something like:

[img]AEM6.png[/img]

I am seeing a return value for JS. This worked too for the path value:

/libs/foundation/components/carousel

It brought up:

/libs/foundation/components/carousel/clientlibs/carousel.js

But this is AEM 6. I will try with 5.6. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your observations are correct - this is not working on AEM 5.6.

[img]AEM33.png[/img]

As you can see - the exact same query that works on AEM 6 is not working on 5.6. 

Please open a ticket here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html