Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there an OOTB Asset Expiration Notification service in AEM/DAM?

Level 2

I am working on implementing an asset management system based on the Adobe DAM. I have noticed that there is an Expires field as part of the asset metadata but I can't figure out how this is used. Through some searches in the documentation there was a one sentence reference saying that this is used in the Asset Expiration Notification service. I can't seem to find this service or how to configure it or use it. Does this exist out of the box or does a custom workflow need to be written to take advantage of this field?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I searched the AEM documentation, this does not look like an OOTB CQ service. However -- you can write a custom service that uses this API:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/commons/util/DamUtil.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I searched the AEM documentation, this does not look like an OOTB CQ service. However -- you can write a custom service that uses this API:

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/commons/util/DamUtil.html

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am using the same API and calling the findExpiringAssets function but it is returning nothing. I am storing the result in a list and the size of this list is 0. best guess is that it is not able to compare the 2 dates (lower bound and upper bound). as there is no exception log.

Is there a specific format in which these dates needs to be for a proper comparison? I have checked the value of the property (prism:expirationDate). it is in format 2015-07-01T11:00:00.000+05:30. 

This is ISO8601 standard timeformat. We can format a date in this format using the methods provided in class ISO8601 in org.apache.jackrabbit.util package. but still I am not getting any result. 

-List <String> expiringAssets = DamUtil.findExpiringAssets(sess, lb, ub);

--Calendar lb = DateToCalendarLB();
  Calendar ub = DateToCalendarUB();

The method DateToCalendarLB():

Calendar cal=Calendar.getInstance();
        cal.setTime(new Date());
        String dateString = ISO8601.format(cal);
        Calendar cal1 = ISO8601.parse(dateString);
        return cal1;

Still not getting any result on this. ANy pointer would be helpful.

Thanks