Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

while installing package , getting "A different version seems to be installed"

Level 2

Hi , 

I have updated the major version in my project POM's , but i am getting "A different version seems to be installed" message in front of package. and it does not seems to be installed .

I have to manually do re-install for these packages.

did anyone face this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ankitm63461691,

Can you confirm if new version is updated in pom.xml of all the modules of the project and it is same all across. Ignore if it is so already. 

Also, try with autoInstallPackage profile defined as part of main project pom instead of autoInstallSinglePackage profile from all module. (Just in thought to narrow down)

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee
What is the installed version, and what is your "new" package's version?

Level 2
the installed version is 2.0.0 and new version is 2.0.1

Employee
And how are you installing the 2.0.1 package? Manually via Package Manager? Or running a mvn install command (if so, what is it exactly)? Or something else (ex. custom Jenkins)

Employee Advisor

Can you post the version numbers you are working with?

Level 2
the installed package version is 2.0.0 and new version is 2.0.1

Community Advisor

Could you please add pom.xml files?

Level 2
its a mvn install command triggered via jenkins... clean install -DskipTests -PautoInstallSinglePackage

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ankitm63461691,

Can you confirm if new version is updated in pom.xml of all the modules of the project and it is same all across. Ignore if it is so already. 

Also, try with autoInstallPackage profile defined as part of main project pom instead of autoInstallSinglePackage profile from all module. (Just in thought to narrow down)

Community Advisor

Hi @ankitm63461691 

Versions in parent POM and the child POM are same? Please check once.

AG