Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

where ware the "new" annotations for servlets?

Level 9

This page: https://sling.apache.org/documentation/the-sling-engine/servlets.html has an embeded presentation which has servlet declarations like this:

@SlingServiceResourceTypes(resourceTypes="xx/yy/zz") etc.

However, all the examples and AEM docs seem to only support this older format:

@component(service = Servlet.class, property = { Constants.SERVICE_DESCRIPTION + "=something",

"sling.servlet.methods=" + HttpConstants.METHOD_GET, "sling.servlet.paths=" + "/bin/api/mypath" })

Is this new format available in the latest cloud SDK, and are there any examples of it does anyone know?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock 

OSGi DS 1.4 (R7) component property type annotations for Sling Servlets (recommended) is supported from bnd-maven-plugin 4.1.0+ and maven-bundle-plugin 4.1.0+ and this is the recommended approach to write the Servlet. I personally am using this on my AEM 6.5.5.0 instance and it's not specific to AEM as Cloud SDK.

@Component(service = {Servlet.class})
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
resourceTypes = "/apps/my/type",
methods = "GET",
extensions = "html",
selectors = "hello")
public class MyServlet extends SlingSafeMethodsServlet {

@Override
protected void doGet(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
}
}

Simple OSGi DS 1.2 annotations were used earlier and also can be used now only if we cannot use the above approach which I believe will never be a case

All the articles that are written so far are before DS 1.4 was released and it's never updated. But we should always refer the Sling document for updates.

@Component(service = {Servlet.class},
property = {
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_RESOURCE_TYPES + "=/apps/my/type"
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_METHODS + "=GET",
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_EXTENSIONS + "=html",
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_SELECTORS + "=hello",
}
)

@Override
protected void doGet(SlingHttpServletRequest request, SlingHttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
}
}

I will suggest that you should go with DS 1.4 version.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock 

OSGi DS 1.4 (R7) component property type annotations for Sling Servlets (recommended) is supported from bnd-maven-plugin 4.1.0+ and maven-bundle-plugin 4.1.0+ and this is the recommended approach to write the Servlet. I personally am using this on my AEM 6.5.5.0 instance and it's not specific to AEM as Cloud SDK.

@Component(service = {Servlet.class})
@SlingServletResourceTypes(
resourceTypes = "/apps/my/type",
methods = "GET",
extensions = "html",
selectors = "hello")

@Override
}
}

Simple OSGi DS 1.2 annotations were used earlier and also can be used now only if we cannot use the above approach which I believe will never be a case

All the articles that are written so far are before DS 1.4 was released and it's never updated. But we should always refer the Sling document for updates.

@Component(service = {Servlet.class},
property = {
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_RESOURCE_TYPES + "=/apps/my/type"
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_METHODS + "=GET",
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_EXTENSIONS + "=html",
ServletResolverConstants.SLING_SERVLET_SELECTORS + "=hello",
}
)

@Override
}
}

I will suggest that you should go with DS 1.4 version.

Hope this helps!

Thanks