Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

where to write javaScript for a component such that if two components are used on same page ,it didn't conflict in AEM as a cloud service

Level 5

Hi, Currently I am writing my javaScript code inside my html only 

for e.g : 

-> if my component name is  "cmp1" then I am writing my js code inside cmp1.html 

->if there are two components on the same page my js of cm1  is conflicting with cm2

-> e.g. : I am creating div tag in each js , and accessing some elements , but the problem arises when there are more than one components on page, then my js code conflicts because it is same of the component.

-> I want to know what is the correct way to write js for component if it is to be used more than one time on page 

-> and what best practices I can follow 

The js runs when the website loads and component is present on the page

Please help me out

thank you 

Rahul

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have a init() function like below in component JS code and initialize all the instance of the component like below in jQuery.

"init": function() {
var comp = this,
$comp = $('.cmp-name'); //Give the class name of the component you added in the html

$comp.each(function() {
var $thisComp = $(this);
// Add the logic here
});

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to write a code to think there can be multiple instances

let allInstances = document.querySelectorAll('.cmp1');

allInstances.each(function(){

let $this = $(this);  // component Insurance 

// do business

})

Arun Patidar

Level 5

in this case also , if there are two components the code : 

allInstances.each(function(){

let $this = $(this);  // component Insurance 

// do business

})

will run twice and the business logic will be implemented two times, I only want it to execute only once for each element

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have a init() function like below in component JS code and initialize all the instance of the component like below in jQuery.

"init": function() {
var comp = this,
$comp = $('.cmp-name'); //Give the class name of the component you added in the html

$comp.each(function() {
var $thisComp = $(this);
// Add the logic here
});