Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where is the workflow executed when specifying Run Mode as Publisher in a Launcher

Level 3

My workflow sends an e-mail when the following launcher criteria is met, but it only works when Run Mode is Author. When changing Run Mode to Publisher nothing happens and I've been unable to find anything in error.log. The Mail Service is configured and works as I have a service that successfully sends an e-mail. To investigate this further, I'm wondering where the workflow is actually executed when Run Mode is specified as Publisher? Should I be investigating on the Author or the Publisher? Basically I just want an e-mail to be sent when a page is published.

Event Type: Created

Nodetype: cq:Page

Path: /content/mycompany/events

Run Mode(s): Publish

Condition: jcr:content/cq:template==/apps/mycompany/templates/event

Workflow: MyWorkflow

Activate: Enable

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It runs on publisher when you set the run mode to publish. However, you need to make sure that the launcher configuration is also rightly set in publisher instance as well. In the publisher launcher configuration the run mode should be set to publish as well. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It runs on publisher when you set the run mode to publish. However, you need to make sure that the launcher configuration is also rightly set in publisher instance as well. In the publisher launcher configuration the run mode should be set to publish as well. 

Level 9

Just adding to what Kunal pointed out. Better to re-check SMTP mail service configuration on a publishing server as well.

Also, you could check whether workflow executed and shows status "completed" or not. If workflow is completed, then something wrong with mail service.

Jitendra