Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Where do I go to see a list of all users who have signed up for a user account on my AEM website?

Level 1

Hi. For all of the AEM documentation, I cannot for the life of me find a simple list of end-users who have created a profile on an AEM site I'm working on. I am not the developer on this, but know my way around the backend pretty well.

Does anyone know where the list of all end-user signups for profiles exists? I checked in the User Group "everyone" but that just shows all of the accounts with AEM admin privileges.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

In AEM user synchronization is not required between author and publish environments, because you don't want end users available in author instance.

So, we generally have content authors,dam admin,tag administrators and admin registered at author instance, whereas end users which generally have read access to content are available on publish environment.

Note:- Usually all publish environments/instance should have same list of users (might vary depending upon requirement).

Still have any doubt please let us know.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 1

So this is just showing all of our AEM Admin users, not those who have signed up for a profile (bethere.beebehealthcare.org for context). The user group "community-sitemembers" is showing 0 members in there, and I know that's not the case.

I'm looking for a list of end-users who have created a profile. I'm starting to think that it's a configuration thing in AEM that was not addressed by the development team we had build this.

Thanks for the help, and let me know if that makes sense to you!

Level 9

Hi Andrew,

Typically, site visitors who become registered members do so on the publish instance.  You would have to visit useradmin on the publish instance in order to see registered users (members).

Do you know if your site is using AEM Communities?

With AEM 6.1 Communities FP4, there are Members and Groups Consoles which allows you to see members registered on the publish instance from the author instance.

- JK

Level 1

Hi JK

So I've been looking in the author environment. I was told that author and publish are the same. Is that incorrect?

We are not using AEM Communities, but still have user registration via AEM with some extra functionality that has all of it's details stored in an external database.

Thanks!

Level 9

Hi Andrew,

Depends on whether the person who told you that was speaking theoretically or literally.  It is not recommended for the author instance to be publicly available.

Author and publish may be on the same server, but on different ports.  For example, if you were to setup your own dev environment, by convention you would use http://localhost:4502 for author and http://localhost:4503 for publish.

The website's content/functionality is created on author and then published (also referred to as replicated or activated).

By default, there is a powerful user, 'admin', with the default password of 'admin', on both author and publish.

For a production environment, the author instance is often behind a firewall and you'd want to limit who is able to sign into author and affect the contents on both author and publish.  

Notice the checklist for production servers.

When site visitors create accounts on publish, you likely don't want them also created on author.

If you're not using AEM Communities, then you need to meet with the developers to understand how they intend for site members to be managed.

I hope that helps.

- JK

Correct answer by
Level 7

In AEM user synchronization is not required between author and publish environments, because you don't want end users available in author instance.

So, we generally have content authors,dam admin,tag administrators and admin registered at author instance, whereas end users which generally have read access to content are available on publish environment.

Note:- Usually all publish environments/instance should have same list of users (might vary depending upon requirement).

Still have any doubt please let us know.

Level 2

How to download or export user list from publisher instance any idea on this.