Expand my Community achievements bar.

When a Form is added to a page for the first time, what is creating and persisting formid?

Level 7

Hi,

I initially thought the formid field in the dialog box generates it, but I created a new component and even thought in my component I have a similar formid field, its value is only persisted when I edit the form via the dialog and save it.

So what else is the form component doing behind the scenes that generates the form id, when it is dropped onto a page?

Another question is how CQ inserts an "end" (/libs/foundation/components/form/end) component when a start component is dropped on to the page (/libs/foundation/components/form/start)?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Level 7

LinearGradient wrote...

Hi,

I initially thought the formid field in the dialog box generates it, but I created a new component and even thought in my component I have a similar formid field, its value is only persisted when I edit the form via the dialog and save it.

So what else is the form component doing behind the scenes that generates the form id, when it is dropped onto a page?

Another question is how CQ inserts an "end" (/libs/foundation/components/form/end) component when a start component is dropped on to the page (/libs/foundation/components/form/start)?

Thanks.

Hello! Any CQ experts out there?

Level 10

What version of CQ are you using. Are you using AEM 6? If so, refer to Adaptive Forms, new AEM 6 functionality. 

Level 7

smacdonald2008 wrote...

What version of CQ are you using. Are you using AEM 6? If so, refer to Adaptive Forms, new AEM 6 functionality. 

I am using CQ 5.6 and it is unlikely for us to upgrade to CQ 6 or later anytime soon. Any ideas how the formid is generated? How the form end component is also added?

Level 10

I wanted to make sure are on CQ 5.6. I will reach out to the team that developed this component and get them to address this question.