Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

WcmUsePojo Vs Sling Models

Level 4

we are updating our current Project to 6.3, If some body can say which one is the best approach.

WcmUsePojo or Sling Models, it will be great help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

There is no the best solution for that. It depends on many various things smacdonald2008​ wrote already (with massive exhausing explanation). Although tldr: using Sling Models coexist with using a lot of annotations (like JPA a little, at least for me) and Use classes are rather manual processing from a resource to specific class. Moreover, and forgive my ignorance, Sling Models are using (100% sure) adaptTo method and I am not sure which mechanism Use classes are using (I think its some injections during HTL but I might be wrong). Personally I have got away from Use classes in favour of Sling Models but it was related to that I need mostly plain classes without any processing so essentially few fields with annotations and getters are doing their job well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

There is no the best solution for that. It depends on many various things smacdonald2008​ wrote already (with massive exhausing explanation). Although tldr: using Sling Models coexist with using a lot of annotations (like JPA a little, at least for me) and Use classes are rather manual processing from a resource to specific class. Moreover, and forgive my ignorance, Sling Models are using (100% sure) adaptTo method and I am not sure which mechanism Use classes are using (I think its some injections during HTL but I might be wrong). Personally I have got away from Use classes in favour of Sling Models but it was related to that I need mostly plain classes without any processing so essentially few fields with annotations and getters are doing their job well.

Level 2

I recommend Sling Models because there are very restrictive test libraries that support WCMUsePojo. Sling Models FTW!