Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Cloud Migration: Static vs Editable Templates - Is Conversion Necessary and Risk of not converting Static Templates

Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, 

We are in the process of migrating from AEM as Managed services to AEM as Cloud Services. I'm trying to understand if its necessary to convert existing Static Templates to Editable Templates. 

I am looking for insight on - 

1. Whether the conversion is Mandatory?

2. Considering the complexity of templates and migration timeline, what kind of issues might we face if we do not do ther conversion and use static templates as is

Any advice or experience shared would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Nj

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@nj2 

Static templates might still work on AEMaaCS. I am saying based on the project I was working on 2 years ago.

However, please assure you do not have any dependency on Content Finder (old classic UI for page authoring. It might not work as expected on Cloud.

Please plan migrating to Editable templates and atleast start creating new content using Editable templates.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@nj2 The templates may still work, but it is highly reccomended to move to Editable Template. 

Community Advisor

Hi @nj2 The conversion to the editable templates is not mandatory, but the functionality will not run as expected as stateed by @aanchal-sikka.

Please have a look at the documentation - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/ae...

ShaileshBassi_0-1719510506899.png