Expand my Community achievements bar.

Ways to convert static template pages into Editable templates.

Level 5

Hello Everyone,

Currently we are on AEM 6.3.2 and we have been using static templates to create the content (created around 10,000 pages only in English language). Recently started using editable templates and wants to migrate the conten. So, Is there any way to convert existing pages created using static templates to editable templates?

can you please provide me the available options and any useful links to follow .

Thanks,

Narayana

8 Replies

Level 10

I am checking with the AEM Product team.

Level 10

At this point in time, there is no tool that will perform this conversion. However, the team is aware of this need and working on a solution. We will post in the community and in the docs once such a tool is available.

Level 1

Is there any update on this? We are having this migration as well.

Community Advisor

There is no such tool available.\

You need to write an utlity which will map static to editable template and if components are touch ui enabled then move the components under root node.

Community Advisor

Hi dongyuez38455966

Yes, it's possible now. I have recently attended a webinar where Adobe has told us about modernization suite which can be used to convert the static template into dynamic.

Webinar Link:

Introducing the AEM Modernization Suite

BlueJeans Network | Recording Playback

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Level 1

If I'm not wrong, the webinar you sent me is more of migrating content pages from existing static template to existing editable template.

I'm wondering, is there a way to migrate template itself from static to editable. Right now, we don't have a editable template in place.

Thanks,

Don

Community Advisor

The tool will not generate the templates you need to create editable templates manually.

Then you take the help of a tool to replace pages with editable templates.

Level 2

Hi Narayana,

We have convert first Editable Template for the static template which pages used. After that created Sling servlet which is run in author box helps to find the static template pages and update with editable template path.

Hope it helps for current migration user