Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Vanity URL is not getting JCR:CONTENT

Level 1

Hi there, 

I have a request where we need to collect some data from the components, so we need to consume the jcr:content.json but when a page have a vanity applied it responses with a 404. 

Page : /en/myvanitypage.html OK 200

jcr : /en/myvanitypage/_jcr_content.json 404 

Do you know if there is a bug here, i'm using aem OOB? 

Regards.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

JCR
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @naxtyn_ 

a vanity URL is, “a unique web address that is branded for marketing purposes … a custom URL that exists to help users remember and find a specific page of your website.”

I think this is expected behaviour and not a bug. You need to use the actual url which point to corresponding node in aem to get the json of that page.

Regards,

Arpit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @naxtyn_ 

a vanity URL is, “a unique web address that is branded for marketing purposes … a custom URL that exists to help users remember and find a specific page of your website.”

I think this is expected behaviour and not a bug. You need to use the actual url which point to corresponding node in aem to get the json of that page.

Regards,

Arpit

Community Advisor

When enabling "vanity URL" on a page, only the set value can be used to resolve the page. 

The value set as "/hello/world" resolves to the page "/hello/world.html" && "/hello/world.json", and throws a 404 not found when "/hello/world/jcr:content.json" is requested; this is expected.