Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Utility Sling Model to expose N level Coral UI AEM Multi-field as JSON without using deprecated JsonItemWriter | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Utility Sling Model to expose N level Coral UI AEM Multi-field as JSON without using deprecated Json... by Ramachandra Pai

Abstract

With the introduction of Coral UI and Sling models, implementing an N level multi-field in AEM is no longer a difficult job. That too without using ACS Commons!

What are we going to achieve 
In this article, I will share an approach to build a three level nested multi-field (which can be extended to N level) and steps on how we can parse the same in our AEM component. The major issue that I wanted to tackle is writing a generic code to parse the multi-field as JSON without using the deprecated JsonItemWriter class and its dump method.

The use case is to display a hierarchy of country, state and city.

This approach is an extension of the one here. Please feel free to suggest improvements in terms of making the code generic and reusable. The code has been tested on AEM 6.4 GA. For AEM 6.3 you might need service pack 2 or more.

Read Full Blog

Utility Sling Model to expose N level Coral UI AEM Multi-field as JSON without using deprecated Json...

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies