Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Permission to Revert Page Version and Reorder Page in Sites.

Level 1

I am new to AEM,

I have an author in AEM is trying to revert page version and reorder page in sites but this author account is not able to do both.
I have tried using admin account in AEM and admin account is allow to revert the page version and reorder page in sites.

For revert page version, I was triying to allow Read, Modify and Create of "tmp" and "var" folder for my author account but seems like it not making the page version to revert.

For reorder page in sites, I am not too sure which permission is allowing my author account to reorder the page in sites.

User Permission for admin:

User_Admin_Permission.png

Author account to reorder page in sites:

Fail_To_Reorder_Page_For_Author.png

Author account fail to revert page version:

Fail_To_Revert_Version_For_Author.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

In order to to be able to reorder the pages in list view, user should have Delete permissions. Enable the "Delete" checkbox and test again.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi There,

There are times when the permissions have to be very granular.

If you are not provisioning all the permissions yourself and are happy with an OOTB group membership solution, I would suggest make user id a part of content authors group.

If you want all the permission setup without relying on OOTB group, way is to export permission for content_author using acs permission tool and make your permission matrix similar. A bit of time consuming but ultimate way of doing the job.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello,

In order to to be able to reorder the pages in list view, user should have Delete permissions. Enable the "Delete" checkbox and test again.

Regards,

Vishu

Level 1

@Vish_dhaliwal Thanks for the info, Post giving delete permission, Its working for me.

Level 1

Hi Vishu,

Is there any other way to allow author to reorder pages in the Sites other than giving Delete permission to the author?

This is because I have to restrict the author from deleting the pages without any approval.

Thanks.