Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Upgrade Dispatcher

Level 4

Good morning,

I would like to upgrade the Dispatcher from version 4.3.3 to version 4.3.5.

Reading the documentation I can't understand if I can copy the configurations from version 4.3.3 to version 4.3.5 and everything continues to work unless
DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent ?

Could you tell me if by copying the configuration files from one version to another everything continues to work ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@robertol6836527 

Please go thought the release note of dispatcher below link

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/getting-started/release-...

• DISP-874 - Creates a dispatcher configuration to turn implementation of DISP-818 either On or Off through a flag DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent. The default value is Off. When On, it removes any caching headers set by mod expires for uncacheable content. This is different from the behavior found in version 4.3.3 (where the default was On) but the same as versions earlier than 4.3.3 (where the default was Off). Keeping DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent’s default Off is the recommended approach so the browser cache has more flexibility. If, when upgrading from version 4.3.3 to 4.3.4, you wish to keep the same behavior as in version 4.3.3, you must explicitly set DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent to On.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@robertol6836527 

Please go thought the release note of dispatcher below link

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/getting-started/release-...

• DISP-874 - Creates a dispatcher configuration to turn implementation of DISP-818 either On or Off through a flag DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent. The default value is Off. When On, it removes any caching headers set by mod expires for uncacheable content. This is different from the behavior found in version 4.3.3 (where the default was On) but the same as versions earlier than 4.3.3 (where the default was Off). Keeping DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent’s default Off is the recommended approach so the browser cache has more flexibility. If, when upgrading from version 4.3.3 to 4.3.4, you wish to keep the same behavior as in version 4.3.3, you must explicitly set DispatcherRestrictUncacheableContent to On.