Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multifield Add button disappearing at some stage while trying to author

Level 7

Hi team, 

I have a scenario where three dropdowns and inside first dropdown 3 options are there. Each options are having a multifield. As well as another nested dropdown where five options are there. Each five options are having different multifields. As well as another nested multifield which is having another one multifield. When I'm trying to author the dialog , at some stage my multifield add button is disappearing. But when I go to configMgr-> Apache Sling Main Servlet->Number of Calls per Request . After changing the value to 6000 "Number of Calls per Request" My author dialog working fine with those multifields .Any input highly appreciated. Dialog hierarchy as below 

JakeCham_0-1658298868078.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

The problem is the nesting of components, and this limit is there to prevent recursion

use less sling:include 

The limit of 1000 (default value) can barely be reached by authors adding more and more components. Instead it is only critical, if an authorable component internally consists of 10+ components. Therefor it’s not an authoring problem, but rather the result of developer decisions.

Refer to below artical:

https://cqdump.joerghoh.de/2022/01/05/how-to-deal-with-the-toomanycallsexception/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

Hope you will be seeing the below error in your logs 

org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/componentbrowser/component/component.jsp
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:530)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:77)
    at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter.doFilter(TargetComponentFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68)
    at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:151)

There are actually two numbers which the Sling Main Servlet obeys: The absolute number of includes and the number of recursive invocations (increasing the Java Call Stack). These boundaries have been implemented to prevent runaway requests (endless include loops) or stack overflow errors. If you know the application, you should be able to increse the inclusion counter (sling.max.calls/Number of Calls per Request) but you should be extremely careful when increasing the recursion counter (sling.max.inclusions/Recursion Depth)

Refer to below similar issue:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/toomanycallsexception-reli...

Level 7

Hi @Jagadeesh_Prakash Thanks for replying !

Yes I can see org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: In my error.log. But why that  much calls per request.. Can  you explain a bit cas here multifield cases the problem. Each dialog field AEM making a servlet call ? Cas if I know the reason for high number of calling only then I can try to give a solution ..Issue is the complexity of the dialog ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@JakeCham 

The problem is the nesting of components, and this limit is there to prevent recursion

use less sling:include 

The limit of 1000 (default value) can barely be reached by authors adding more and more components. Instead it is only critical, if an authorable component internally consists of 10+ components. Therefor it’s not an authoring problem, but rather the result of developer decisions.

Refer to below artical:

https://cqdump.joerghoh.de/2022/01/05/how-to-deal-with-the-toomanycallsexception/