Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

TooManyCallsException / Reliably counting the total number of components

Level 2

Hi there everyone,

I'm moving a project over to 6.2, and I've been getting the TooManyCallsException. Google seems to indicate a hardcap of 1000 components.

org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/componentbrowser/component/component.jsp

/system/console/components doesn't seem like a reliable count - as Adobe uses around 2000 components on its own.

I was wondering if there was a simple way of counting how many the project has, or increasing this limit.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I seemed to have 'fixed' the problem by increasing the number of Calls Per Request in Apache Sling Main Servlet from 1000 (6.2) to 1500 which I believe was the older value - it can be found under /system/console/configMgr. It would be good to know what is a 'safe' value here, and whether anything is going to break at high request counts.

It seems (in my case at least) that all requests are going through twice (once as the ClassicUI, and then again as it switches to the TouchUI/Editor) - which is why there are so many requests - although this is not confirmed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

I seemed to have 'fixed' the problem by increasing the number of Calls Per Request in Apache Sling Main Servlet from 1000 (6.2) to 1500 which I believe was the older value - it can be found under /system/console/configMgr. It would be good to know what is a 'safe' value here, and whether anything is going to break at high request counts.

It seems (in my case at least) that all requests are going through twice (once as the ClassicUI, and then again as it switches to the TouchUI/Editor) - which is why there are so many requests - although this is not confirmed.