Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to edit cq:design_dialog when embedded in page

Level 2

Hi All,

Greetings!!!!!!!!!

I am unable to edit a design dialog when am including the header/footer component at template level in aem 6.3.

The same is working fine if i drag and drop the component in the parsys.

Can you please help me in this regard, if i can edit a design dialog when embedded design dialog component at template level.

Thanks and Regards,

N Phalgun Kumar

7 Replies

Level 10

Are you using editable templates?

Level 10

As a workaround - when trying to set a header or footer in an editable template - try using a normal Touch UI component dialog - not a design dialog. That will let you set the input values in a header or footer in an editable template

Level 10

I think its due to missing div wrapper elements component inclusion in design mode.

Try adding extra div elements around component where you are including it in html

Level 2

Hi Edubey,

Thanks for your response. I am using the static templates. I suppose you have asked to add extra div for the same. I tried adding the extra div but still am facing the same issue.

Could you please suggest any other workaround. Thanks in advance.

Level 2

also please let us know which is the best practice to create templates in AEM 6.3, Either static or Editable templates

Thanks in Advance

Level 10

Hi,

The best practice to create templates from AEM 6.3 onwards is Editable templates.

Could you please try using editable templates whether your issue will get resolved.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.