Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Unable to deploy core package with autoInstallPackage command

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in deploying core package. When I  run clean install -PautoInstallPackage on the project, the core package is not getting deployed i.e. I am unable to see the core bundle of the project on the console.

This command works on my system as in, the core packages gets deployed however when I am testing on my teammates system the same doesn't work.

Could there be any maven setting I am missing here which could be causing this. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Mallika

8 Replies

Level 10

Sounds like there is an issue with the other system where its not working. Are they both the same AEM Version.

Level 10

Are you seeing any error messages in log file. BTW - no special command to deploy other than what you specified.

See if you can follow this article on the other system.

Scott's Digital Community: Creating your first AEM 6.2 Project using Adobe Maven Archetype 10

Former Community Member

I forgot to mention that the core package gets deployed when clean install -PautoInstallBundle command is executed. Also the project is created on archetype 11.

Level 10

So 11 is not working - see if 10 works. That will provide some insight here.

Former Community Member

11 is working on my system though. I will have to recreate the project to change the archetype to 10.

Level 10

Just follow the 10 article i listed above on the system not accepting 11. This will tell us if this system is somehow corrupt.

Former Community Member

I would like to mention a new observation, on my system also the core does not deploy with autoInstallPackage. I was under the impression that it works on mine. As you suggested I created a new project on both 10 and 11 and executed the autoInstallPackage command, and it worked in both cases. I'm not sure now what could be the mistake in my project setting in that case.