Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to create a workflow launcher in 6.5

Level 4

I am currently using AEM 6.5 and trying to create a new launcher by navigating to tools>workflows>launcher>create>add launcher . When i enter all the required data i see an error dialog with (Node with path /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config does not exist.) 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AEMnewbie

I can definitely replicate your situation.

error-message.png

The resolution here is simple, to make sure the sling:Folder structure exists under /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config (illustrated below):

jcr-structure.png

A simple fix is to create the exact structure above, as you see in the screenshot. In case if you've completely deleted the /conf/global folder, I've created a content package that you can download & install which has the exact setup as in the screenshot above; if you would like to re-setup the structure, you can go straight to http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/configurations/content/view.html/conf, to create the initial structure off /conf/global, but you must go into crx/de to complete the structure, by creating more sling:Folder nodes.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor
  • Did the user have access to create Workflow launchers, check the permissions of the User.
  • Try creating the launcher in Vanilla AEM instance.

This seems the permission issue, if permissions are fine check the logs get more details and provide it here.

Level 4

Hello @Varun_Shakya I am logged in as admin.  And i checked the error logs.. I dont see any logging for this .. I checked the network tab i see that it is trying to make this call http://localhost:4504/libs/cq/workflow/launcher and failing with 500 error and this is the response.. And if it helps i am using SP 6.5.4

<html>
<head>
<title>Node with path /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config does not exist.</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Node with path /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config does not exist.</h1>
<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>Status</td>
<td><div id="Status">500</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Message</td>
<td><div id="Message">Node with path /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config does not exist.</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Location</td>
<td><a href="" id="Location"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Parent Location</td>
<td><a href="" id="ParentLocation"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Path</td>
<td><div id="Path"></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Referer</td>
<td><a href="" id="Referer"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>ChangeLog</td>
<td><div id="ChangeLog">&lt;pre&gt;&lt;/pre&gt;</div></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p><a href="">Go Back</a></p>
<p><a href="">Modified Resource</a></p>
<p><a href="">Parent of Modified Resource</a></p>
</body>
</html>

Community Advisor

Could you please try creating nodes(sling:Folder) at conf /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config

It may be required before creating launchers.

Anyways you have to deploy this launcher vai code so nodes needs to be created. so no harm to create manually.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hello @arunpatidar ..I tried that but it still fails to create it. Now when i try to create the launcher i see 

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException: OakConstraint0001: /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config[[nt:folder]]: No matching definition found for child node -237933618 with effective type [cq:WorkflowLauncher]

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 9.13.48 AM.png

Community Advisor

Hi @AEMnewbie,

Can you try the below

• Create a package with filter - /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config (where there is no child nodes under config - Like empty launcher config filter)from one of your local instance
  • In your problematic instance,
    • Create a backup with same filter
    • Install the empty launcher config package built from other instance (the one from step 1)
    • Navigate to Workflow -> Launchers console -> Try creating one -> See if POST call to /libs/cq/workflow/launcher is 200

Level 4
@Vijayalakshmi_S Nah!! All the instances that i have access to , they all have the same issue

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AEMnewbie

I can definitely replicate your situation.

error-message.png

The resolution here is simple, to make sure the sling:Folder structure exists under /conf/global/settings/workflow/launcher/config (illustrated below):

jcr-structure.png

A simple fix is to create the exact structure above, as you see in the screenshot. In case if you've completely deleted the /conf/global folder, I've created a content package that you can download & install which has the exact setup as in the screenshot above; if you would like to re-setup the structure, you can go straight to http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/configurations/content/view.html/conf, to create the initial structure off /conf/global, but you must go into crx/de to complete the structure, by creating more sling:Folder nodes.

Good luck!

Level 4

@BrianKasingli..I created the launcher and the config folder at the same location but that still gives me an error ..When i used the package that was shared ..It works.. Trying to find out what exactly is missing in my setting. I want to try it without using the package ..

Steps i tried

This path was already existing  /conf/global/settings/workflow in my instance

I went ahead and created the launcher folder and then a config folder under it .. But that doesn't work

Community Advisor
It seems like when you manually created your own structure, something went missing. Thats perfect, you can start with the structure that Is provided in the package that I prepared for you... This structure was created apart of a fresh instance of an AEM author.