Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line 95

Level 3

This error may occur when you run AEM 6.0 with Java 8. Java version 8, is not supported with AEM 6.0 until you install the service pack. If you are having that problem, install the service pack. You can follow these steps:

1. Download the most recent Service Pack (SP2) from package share or from our dropbox folder:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1dwxyxcvsw4dag/ServicePack2.zip?dl=0
  2. Once downloaded, go to the folder where you installed AEM initially, and delete all the contents in the crx-quickstart folder (you will be running a fresh install) so you will now have an empty crx-quickstart folder.
  3. In the crx-quickstart folder, create a new folder called install and copy the service pack  that you downloaded to that folder.
  4. The structure should now be: crx-quickstart > install > ServicePack2.zip
  5. Start AEM by double clicking the AEM quickstart jar, and when it starts, it will find the install folder and also install the Service Pack.

10 Replies

Level 5

Just wanted to reply here saying that you're a life saver. Thanks for this info!

Level 1

Perfect resolution..Thanks Gary

Level 1

Will the same thing work for AEM 5.6.1 attempting to run on Java 8?

Level 3

Hi,

With 5.6 you will need SP2 (See Technical Requirements - docs.adobe.com) for more information and to confirm

Level 3

More than one year later, still helping people. Thanks.

Level 1

thanks Gary.. You are a life saver.

Level 1

It is working absolutely fine.

Thanks Gary :-)

Level 1

I can't download the file, Can you share a new link?

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am unable to open the above link to download the sp2. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance

Poojashree