Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

UI issue in  'New...' menu for siteadmin in AEM 5.6.1

Level 10

Hi Guys,

Regarding 5.6.1 with no SP installed

The issue started when we changed few permission on path libs/wcm/content/siteadmin/actions/create/menu for users and on menu you could see extra spaces are coming on top and bottom.

I can confirm that we have not overlay or modified for this menu under /apps.

We tried

• Reverting the permission
  • Restarting Instance
  • Raised a day care ticket but they are unable to find any thing.

However, we are not able to replicate on any other instance.

is there anybody who came across with similar issue?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Well I was able to replicate this issue on my instance when I created a test node under actions and thats why I concluded that the culprit is the JS code. I don't know why you don't see it on all the instances.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

It seems to me that another menu item added to the drop down menu. And, there isn't any title of the menu item that's why it is blank.

In attached snapshot, you can find menu structure and respective path. You can check same thing in your instance if there is any extra node which appears blank?.

[img]Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 10.32.35 am.png[/img]

Jitendra

Level 10

Hi  Jitender

I have already verified and no extra node seems to appear thr

Thanks

Level 9

Oh, okay. That's odd. I know it is a lame thing to try, but would you mind clearing your browser cache & cookies.

Just try once.

Jitendra

Level 10

Yes, also tried after clearing browser cache cookies / AEM cache / dispatcher cache . It's weird issue.

Employee Advisor

If you inspect the network calls made by the browser when you load the siteadmin page then you will see it makes a request to - /libs/wcm/core/content/siteadmin.infinity.json. This means the javascript which creates the context menu bar processes all the nodes created under siteadmin configuration node which includes all the toolbar actions.

My guess is that when you applied ACLs on the action nodes then rep:ACL nodes should also have been created under those nodes and in the infinity.json response you will see those nodes returned in the result set as well. 

The javascript which creates the menu assumes that any node created under actions should be a valid action/menu item and it renders it in the HTML without any link. This is actually nothing to do with permissions. If you create a sample test node of nt:unstructured type under that structure then also you will see the same problem. 

I suggest you to respond to the day care that its a valid bug and mention that the JavaScript code should process only the nodes which are valid actions and exclude all other nodes read from the resultset.   

Level 10

Hi Kunal, 

Thanks for kind explanation.

I do have a node rep:ACL. 

Question: If JS code is causing this, then I should be able to see same behavior across all instance. But i am able to see only here.? What do you feel...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Well I was able to replicate this issue on my instance when I created a test node under actions and thats why I concluded that the culprit is the JS code. I don't know why you don't see it on all the instances.