Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

uber-jar 6.5.3. Scene7 API Removed

Level 1

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to migrate on uber-jar 6.5.3 from 6.5.2, but i found out that classes under  com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.* were removed.

So i cannot use next classes:
com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.Scene7Service
com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.S7ConfigResolver
com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.S7Config
Which leads to problems with existing code.

Could someone tell me, is there any replacing for Scene7 API inside new uber-jar(6.5.3)?
And what happened to Scene7 API? Is it sunset?

P.S.
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>
<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>
<version>6.5.3</version>
<classifier>apis</classifier>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Level 1
Yeah, that works. But could you please clarify what happened to actual API(Scene 7 i mean) in simple package without deprecations(uber-jar-6.5.3-apis).

Employee Advisor

After speaking to Engineering team, it looks like that API is appearing in the deprecated jar because it contains deprecated methods.

@deprecated

String getFlashTemplatesServer(S7Config s7Config);

The interface itself is not deprecated, so as long as you don't use an @deprecate method, you should be good to go for the foreseeable future.

Level 4

Hi @Jaideep_Brar 

How about during uber-jar-6.5.7 upgrade.

I get the below error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project commbank.core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /C:/CBA/my_LEGO/aem.commbank-lego/bundles/core/src/main/java/com/commbank/services/impl/DynamicMediaProcessorImpl.java:[7,39] package com.day.cq.dam.api.s7dam.scene7 does not exist
[ERROR] /C:/CBA/my_LEGO/aem.commbank-lego/bundles/core/src/main/java/com/commbank/services/impl/DynamicMediaProcessorImpl.java:[38,13] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class ImageUrlApi
[ERROR] location: class com.commbank.services.impl.DynamicMediaProcessorImpl
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.