Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

trying to install CQ author instance ?

Level 5

java -jar cq-author-p4502.jar
Loading quickstart properties: default
Loading quickstart properties: instance
Low-memory action set to fork
Using 32bit VM settings, min.heap=768MB, min permgen=192MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m]
**** WARNING: insufficent heap memory ******************************************
The JVM reports 247 MB but we recommend at least 768 MB +/- 20
Use your JVM's heap size option (like -Xmx768M) to set that size.
Will fork a JVM to get enough memory.
********************************************************************************
**** WARNING: insufficent PermGen memory ***************************************
The JVM MBean:Perm Gen reports 64 MB but we recommend at least 192 MB +/- 20
Use your JVM's PermGen size option (like -XX:MaxPermSize=192M) to set that size.
********************************************************************************
Available memory below specified limits and low-memory action set to fork, will fork to get enough memory
Preparing to fork JVM, OS name=Linux, isWindows=false
Forking JVM: [/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_09/jre/bin/java, -Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -jar, /home/author/cq-author-p4502.jar, -nofork, -pt, CHILD]
Using 32bit VM settings, min.heap=768MB, min permgen=192MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m]
**** WARNING: insufficent heap memory ******************************************
The JVM reports 742 MB but we recommend at least 768 MB +/- 20
The JVM MBean:Perm Gen reports a maximum size of 192 MB, meets our expectation of 192 MB +/- 20
Available memory below specified limits and low-memory action set to fork, will fork to get enough memory
Not forking JVM as -nofork option is set
Setting properties from filename '/home/author/cq-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename cq-author-p4502.jar
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to /home/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to /home/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stderr.log

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Mahesh,

You can probably try this:

java -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

This worked for me.

I am setting maximum and minimum memory allotted to CQ Author instance to be 4GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Mahesh,

You can probably try this:

java -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

This worked for me.

I am setting maximum and minimum memory allotted to CQ Author instance to be 4GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

Level 10

In another thread -- I posted a response:

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

One issue may be your machine's Heap space is not adequate:

WARNING: insufficent heap memory

Please keep your questions on same subject in the same thread.

Thxs!

Level 5

i hope i have sufficent heap memory

[root@localhost author]# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          3035        147       2887          0          0         39
-/+ buffers/cache:        107       2927
Swap:         1992          0       1992

Level 10

This part of the log file suggests that you have a memory issue:

The JVM reports 247 MB but we recommend at least 768 MB +/- 20

Level 5

[root@localhost author]# java -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -Xmx768M -jar cq-author-p4502.jar
The JVM MBean:Perm Gen reports a maximum size of 192 MB, meets our expectation of 192 MB +/- 20
Preparing to fork JVM, OS name=Linux, isWindows=false
Forking JVM: [/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_09/jre/bin/java, -Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -jar, /home/author/cq-author-p4502.jar, -nofork, -pt, CHILD]
Not forking JVM as -nofork option is set
Setting properties from filename '/home/author/cq-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename cq-author-p4502.jar
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to /home/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to /home/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stderr.log
Forked JVM process exited with exit code 1
Main JVM process exiting
MAIN process: shutdown hook
MAIN process: exiting

Level 7

From the http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/getting_started/download_and_startworking.html
If using the command line, for a 32bit VM type:
java -Xmx1024M -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar

Level 5

java -Xmx1024M -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile cq5-author-p4502.jar

when i execute this command it is creating crx-quickstart directory , there are only 3 folders created "app,conf and logs".

Employee

Have a look at this blogpost regarding doing an installation from the command-line:

http://experiencedelivers.adobe.com/cemblog/en/experiencedelivers/2012/04/installing-cq5-from-comman...

My first guess is that it is either too low mem or disk.

--

Feike