Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6.1 - Renaming the the quickstart jar is required?

Level 1

We are upgrading from CQ 5.5 to 5.6.1 and would like to know if we need to rename the cq-quickstart-5.6.1.jar file to cq-quickstart-5.6.1-author-p4502.

When we are upgrading to CQ 5.4 from 5.3, renaming was required and we had to rename the file for author instance as cq-quickstart-5.5.0-author-p4502, with 'p' flag infront of the port number 4502. 

Not sure if we need to follow the same naming convension this time. Please let me, If any of you have executed the upgrade and had to rename the file.

Thanks

Sailesh.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It deponds how you are upgrading either through click or startup script or custom startup script and also an run mode is it author or publish.   In general i would recommend to rename with with port number  <instanceversion>-author-p4502.jar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

I don't think you have to but it is probably safer to name it the same so you don't have to change any startup/kill scripts. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

It deponds how you are upgrading either through click or startup script or custom startup script and also an run mode is it author or publish.   In general i would recommend to rename with with port number  <instanceversion>-author-p4502.jar