Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Trigger onclick event to a coral button component in aem 6.5

Level 2

Hi 
I am trying to use a coral button component to get a text field. I am not able to understand how to trigger onClick event for this button. 
I have used "granite/ui/components/foundation/button" as sling:resourceType to a nt:unstructured node and created the button.
Can anyone suggest how to get a text field by clicking on the button.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sushmapoojitha 

You can use Coral resource type i.e. granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/button and define a granite:class property with some defined class name for the button let's say class name is "button-class-hero". Then you can add a component specific extraClientLibs which will be loaded only during dialog authoring and the below piece of code should work.

(function ($, $document) {
$(document).on("click", ".button-class-hero", function () {
alert("Hi"); // Rest of the code will go here
});
})($, $(document));

asutosh_jena_0-1619936904857.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sushmapoojitha 

You can use Coral resource type i.e. granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/button and define a granite:class property with some defined class name for the button let's say class name is "button-class-hero". Then you can add a component specific extraClientLibs which will be loaded only during dialog authoring and the below piece of code should work.

(function ($, $document) {
$(document).on("click", ".button-class-hero", function () {
alert("Hi"); // Rest of the code will go here
});
})($, $(document));

asutosh_jena_0-1619936904857.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks