Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Trigger a workflow on multiple assets from AEM projects console

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to trigger a  workflow on multiple assets from projects console . Any inputs on this ?

1835554_pastedImage_1.png

1835555_pastedImage_2.png

The content path now allows to choose only single asset.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

If assets reside in the same folder, you can choose the folder itself as a payload destination.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

As per my understanding, this is working as designed. That said, The Properties tab is created from the node structure at [1] if you would like to customize Or add multiple paths.

Lastly, you can create a daycare ticket with a detailed business impact and we can log an improvement request with the Engineering team.

[1]

/libs/cq/core/content/projects/workflowwizards/landingpagerequest/jcr:content/items/column2/items

Correct answer by
Employee

If assets reside in the same folder, you can choose the folder itself as a payload destination.

Employee Advisor

Totally agree with berliant​. I just tested by running the workflow on path content/dam.

payload.PNG

Level 2

berliantvish.dhaliwal thank you for this input .

But since this workflow is a project workflow , we have project tasks that make up this workflow where we are sending notifications to project team members .

Now , when i trigger the workflow at folder level the payload is the folder which has all the assets but the notification is just one which is not expected as we need as much notifications as the number of assets inside the containing folder .

Do you think this can be achieved ?

Level 2

@rakshashetty  , Although I have selected multiple assets from asset console, and run a custom workflow on it, it is creating notification for all the assets, and payload of workflow is single asset path for all the asset one by one not a package in my case, I want only one notification for all the assets on which workflow is running. I have also selected multi resource support checkbox on my workflow and I am using AEM 6.5.

Level 2

JaideepBrar​ thank you for the inputs .

We have built our project workflow as described here Develop AEM Projects

I need to add a multi-field component to be able to select multiple assets from projects and then trigger my workflow simultaneously on all these assets . Result of which the project team members should get multiple notifications (triggered from project task which make up the workflow) for each of the assets.

Is it something that can be customised on our end ? Kindly advice .

Employee

"but the notification is just one" - it's expected. It starts a single workflow with multiple payloads by selecting a folder as a payload.

There is no option to start multiple workflows for each asset in the payload folder.

Employee

Multi Resource Support

Activating Multi Resource Support for your workflow model means that a single workflow instance will be started when you select multiple resources. It should be activated for your workflow model.

Level 2

Hi ,

I need to run multiple instances of the same workflow on multiple assets that i select i.e one instance getting mapped to one asset so that i can get notifications for each of the asset separately.

Currently as per OOTB design single workflow runs on a folder (containing multiple assets) creating a single instance of workflow and hence giving only one notification. (i have checked Multi Resource Support as well)

Kindly note that i am trying to run workflow from AEM Projects console.

Do you think this is feasible for customisation ?

Thanks in advance!