Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Translation for content in editable templates

Level 2

Hi,

We are adding header and footer components as part of the structure in the editable templates as we do not want the authors to edit it. So, creating as a part of editable templates and locking them down.

Now, when we create pages using these templates, the header and footer nodes do not get copied to the page but gets referenced from the template.

We want to create language copies of these pages, but since the header and footer are not a part of the page, their content does not go for translation.

Please help if anybody has faced a similar kind of issue.

kautuksahni

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Dhingra

3 Replies

Employee

Ankush, it's expected behavior. A locked container on the editable template cannot be translated as the locked status implied that it's immutable.

Might be you can use experienced fragments to construct heard and footer and use a language copy.

Level 2

With the experience fragment also, it will be the same problem. I'll be locking down the experience fragment container component on my template in that case. And if it locked, the author won't be able to change the fragment path and it will keep referencing to the english one.

Regards,

Ankush Dhingra

Level 2

Hi,

We had the same issue and we overlayed the Experience Fragment component by based on page locale, we are modified the fragmentPath like if it is En locale then it would pick En version of header XF or if jcr:language of currentPage is fr then it would pick fr version of header XF. So you have to create lang copy of header & footer and overlay experience fragment component to pick current locale XFs by changing fragmentpath.