Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Touch UI Fill Dialog Fields with Default Values on Image Drop Using Sightly

Level 2

Hi All,

I am working on AEM 6.3. We have one requirement in which we want to fill the dialog fields with default values on Image Drop using sightly.

If anyone has worked on the same, please let me know.

I got a reference which I am sharing below but how to implement this in sightly.

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Fill Dialog Fields with Default Va...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The article that you mentioned should work for you.. It populates value in touch UI dialog using JS. It shouldn't matter whether you are using Sightly or JSP. Sightly would be used to do the display part of authored values which is separate from the dialog..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

The article that you mentioned should work for you.. It populates value in touch UI dialog using JS. It shouldn't matter whether you are using Sightly or JSP. Sightly would be used to do the display part of authored values which is separate from the dialog..

Level 10

HTL (the proper name - its no longer Sightly) has nothing to do with the JCR nodes used to create a Touch UI dialog. HTL is the logic used to render the components view.

Also - if you are looking at using Images in AEM 6.3 - you should look at using the Image Core Component.

GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-core-wcm-components: AEM Core WCM Components

Community Advisor

You have to do the exact same mentioned in the article. Since your aim is to populate the dialog, it should have nothing to do with HTL. Dialog population can be always handled using Jquery in Touch UI