Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Thumbnail Generation

Level 3

I have written MS office-handler and Successfully uploaded the jar into felix console and made the jar  status as Active  but its not working as expected .When i upload a MS document it should call the custom class which is written and should create the thumbnail and rendition .As i am new to AEM DAM implementation please let me know do i need to created any workflow to initiate the class or what should i need to do ?Please reply who has already faced this type of issue.

3 Replies

Employee

You will need to update the DAM Update Asset workflow by adding a custom workflow step to specifically render thumbnails for MS office documents. Here [1] is an example of creating a custom workflow step. In addition, you will need to modify the Thumbnail Process step to exclude the MS Office documents from being processed there.

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-aem-workflow-steps.html

Level 3

Can you please provide any example for the above to implement the Workflow model as well as how to modify the Thumbnail Process step to exclude the MS Office documents. If  any link is there please share .

Thanks a lot for looking into the issue.