Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

The "Additional level of childrens" option while export CSV is generating empty excel file.

Level 2

When trying to export csv  (/mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/createcsvexport.html/content) for the list of projects under /content, the excel is generating properly with depth field set to "Direct children only".

But when I am using the option "Additional level of childrens" with 1 or 2 or 3 level, an empty excel is generated with headers only with no content.

I have tried this on AEM version 6.5.9.0 and also with 6.5.20.0. both are not working.

Any one have any idea where to look for the resolution?

MaheshKPati_0-1715919837741.png

The problem is only coming for path /content. If we select any project path like /content/project1, then the csv report is generating properly. 

4 Replies

Level 8

@MaheshKPati 

This behavior might be because Excel has limitations in rendering hierarchical data structures. However, the CSV report should be generated correctly with the specified depth level.

As the "Additional levels of children" option in the depth field instructs AEM to include assets from all subfolders recursively in the report, This hierarchical data structure can be represented in a flat CSV file but not easily rendered in Excel, which expects tabular data.

Try opening the CSV in Google sheets which handle hierarchical data better than Excel.

Level 2

The downloaded excel doesn't have data at all if we select the "Additional level of childrens" option.
If the Data is there, then I may try your suggestion which sounds logical.

Level 8

@MaheshKPati 

Then the problem something else entirely. Let me dig a little deep into this issue and will let you know if I find some solution.

Level 2

We,ve raised Adobe support ticket and will post the resolution on ticket closer.