Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Template's "structure" elements not showing on publish instance - how to debug?

Level 1

I'm running into an issue where an editable template's "structure" components are not showing up in the publish environment. (I'm assuming this means that the template is not rendering at all, since the "Initial Content" sections would be part of the page itself at that point.)

The structure components do show up as expected in the authoring environment, including in the "View as Published" view.

The templates in question appear to be present and referenced correctly in the publish instance crxde, as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I might go about debugging this issue or other things that I could look at? I'm relatively new to AEM, so it's possible I'm missing something obvious. Would really appreciate any insights!

EDIT: with some further testing, I've realized that the template does show up correctly on the publish instances when I view the pages through the publish instance IPs. It's just on the adobemsbasic.com url that it doesn't show up. However, I'm still not sure why this would be or how to continue debugging.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think everything Briankasingli said is a good checklist of things to verify.

One more thing though: make sure the anonymous user (which is how non-authenticated website visitors be will authenticated) has read access to all relevant template nodes (eg: /conf/demo/settings/wcm/templates).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

cecilyd30905463,

Here's what I would do:

1. From the author environment, re-publish the /conf/my-app/....editable-templates nodes.

2. From the publish environment, go into crx/de and ensure all editable-template nodes have been replicated over.

3. From the publish environment, tail the error.log, then request for the page that depends on the editable template.

Tailing the error.log will provide you with information on whats going on.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I think everything Briankasingli said is a good checklist of things to verify.

One more thing though: make sure the anonymous user (which is how non-authenticated website visitors be will authenticated) has read access to all relevant template nodes (eg: /conf/demo/settings/wcm/templates).